Happy First Night of Hanukkah! I’ve been alternating listening to the Hanukkah and Christmas Pandora Stations tonight. I’ll probably be sick of holiday music tomorrow.
I started out my morning with a favorite.
Van’s Waffles. I ate these with a little butter. Yum. I think I enjoy frozen waffles far too much for my own good.
I didn’t go to the grocery store until after work, so lunch was some freezer goodies.
Morningstar Farm Buffalo “chicken,” frozen broccoli and a laughing cow blue cheese. I’m not the biggest fan of frozen broccoli. Part of that is because I don’t have a working microwave, so I had to boil it. Honestly, frozen is great in a pinch, but I’d rather have fresh!
I headed to the grocery store right after work. I ate a quick snack before going in. Even though I was hungry, I managed to stay within my budget. However, I did not stick to my list. I bought everything on my list, but I also bought more treats than usual. Oh well! I’ll enjoy them all.
Earlier today, I discussed with my co-worker what happens when I cook fresh fish. I don’t do it a lot because it is kind of expensive. I also like to eat what I feel like, but I don’t like to waste fish. If I do eat it at home, it is usually from frozen. Frozen does not excite my cats as much as fresh! Today, I decided to buy a fillet of salmon and cook with it!
While I was prepping it, my cats were acting like they hadn’t eaten in DAYS. They were ridiculous. I didn’t get any pictures of the cooking process because I was too busy fending them off. I locked them up, which they also didn’t like.
I made Julie’s Honey-Soy Glazed Salmon.
I made 8 oz, and that was only 4. I have leftovers for tomorrow! It was delicious. AND My cats were not nearly as interested in it after it was cooked.
I also had a side of Wild Rice Soup.
My co-worker made this, and she brought some in for me to try! It was good. I really should buy some wild rice!
I took a long lunch today and ran 5 miles on my break.
I want to start the new year off right by already having some goals! Most of them are healthy living related.
- Try two new recipes per week. I tend to eat the same things over and over again. I’m a fairly decent cook, so I want to try two recipes once a week. They can be really simple, but I can do it! I’m counting the salmon as one of those recipes.
- Try a new fruit or veggie once a week. I also tend to eat the same fruits and veggies every day. I want to step out of my comfort zone. I’m going to include trying things I previously didn’t like as well!
- Blog 6x a week. I was doing good about this before the holidays. I want to blog regularly even during the holidays!
- Take the GRE. I’m signed up for the GRE on Dec. 13th. I want to take it, and complete at least 14 more hours of prep work between now and then.
- Exercise 5x a week. I have a race on Sunday, and I’m probably going to take the week off of running between my race and the GRE. However, I can still wake up 30 minutes early and do an exercise.
So those are my December goals! My new recipe goal was inspired by Bebe! I think I can do it. I have another recipe planned for tomorrow night. I just have to suck it up and plan meals.
Do you make monthly goals? I think I’m going to start making monthly goals instead of a goal at the New Year!