So I signed up for a few challenges to get me through the holiday season (perhaps too many), and one of them was the Elf 4 Health group. This pairs people up to offer support during the holiday season and has a variety of daily challenges. My current partner (for two weeks) is Katie. It is great for support and I love the challenges. Tomorrow is try to eat as many colors as possible. I definitely am not the greatest at that, so I stocked up on veggies and fruit at Trader Joe’s last night to get as much variety as possible.
I’ve been doing really well with my training for the marathon. I have a half marathon over the weekend, and I’m afraid I will come in last. Luckily the full marathon is happening on the same course, so not all of them will beat me. I’m glad the course won’t shut down.
I saw this fun running survey on a few blogs, and I decided to fill it out.
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Mainly GU while running. I can’t really chew anything so I stick with them. I do love shot blocks or sport jelly beans before I start. They taste like cand
2. Race Length: 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I think probably the 1/2 marathon is my favorite. I loathe 5ks, and I haven’t done a lot of 10ks (only two). The 1/2 is great because I like the amount of training requires. Just the right amount.
Although I do have quite a few marathons on my bucket list, and I will probably continue to do 1 per year for the foreseeable future.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants, or Other?
Capris. I’m usually too hot for pants, but I chafe in shorts. I want to try a skirt though.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
Usually carry water so I can take a Gu, but I will also have whatever sports drink the race I’m training for serves.
5. Running temperatures: HOT or COLD?
I guess cold. I warm up pretty quickly while running.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics, or Other?
I have a pair of asics and a pair of new balance. I will go with whatever works, but I’ve had new balance for a while now.
7. Pre-Race Meal: Oatmeal. Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
Coffee and a powerbar.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
1-2 depending on how good I am with cross training
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
Music for sure. I also like audio books
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
I love races (specifically finishing them) and I also use it as exercise//weight-loss.