Welcome to History Running Girl! I really like making lists, so I’ve decided to divide my About Me into some lists. I hope it will be easier to read that way.
- I grew up in a small town in Illinois. 7000 people. I made some of my best friends in that town.
- I don’t have any siblings. Just me and my parents. We are close with our extended family though. I have a 14 year old cousin who is also an only child in the same area, so we are like siblings. I say I got the good parts of having a little sister without the bad.
- My 14 year old cousin just went to her first homecoming! I totally looked at pictures of her in her dress.
- I ran cross country in High School. At the time I thought it was a ridiculously long distance. Now, I’m signed up for my first marathon!
- I’m running the San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon on June 5th, 2011.
- I’ve run 3 half marathons! The Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon in August, the Lewis and Clark Half Marathon in October in St. Charles, Mo, and the St. Louis Track Club Half Marathon in November.
- I’ve also run 5 5ks, 1 10k, 1 7 mile race, 1 10 mile race and 1 15k.
- I currently have a one year paid internship at a museum!
- I’ve interned at the Missouri History Museum in Forest Park, and I also volunteered at the Field Museum in Chicago.
- I just graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a BA in History and Art History (it matters for my blog!).
- I have two cats: Twix and Phantom.
- I used to blog here. I used this as more of a weight loss blog. I wanted a change since I want to focus more on healthy living and running. I had a livejournal account in High School and a Deadjournal account in 8th grade. So I guess you can say I’ve been blogging on and off since middle school. Those middle school and early high school entries are hilarious.
- I’ve run all of my half marathons with my dad.
- My dad ran 9 marathons in 2009.
- I try to eat as healthy as I can. I don’t eat perfectly, and I don’t want to!
- I lost 20 lbs on Weight Watchers. I’m currently trying to lose a few pounds I gained back! I think Weight Watchers is an excellent program to start out a healthy living lifestyle.
I will be blogging about all of these experiences! Please join me on my journey. You can follow me on twitter.
Feel free to email me at email@example.com